No Show Policy
The No Show Policy at events of the Juridische Faculteitsvereniging at VU University Amsterdam, QBDBD.
Artikel 5.8 No Show Policy
1. If, after registration or registration for an activity, a participant abstains from participation and does not report this absence to the board of the association in time, this shall be considered a “no show”. In the case of activities such as drinks, parties and other activities to be designated by the board, there shall be no “no show” in the event of the unannounced absence of a participant. The legal, cultural and other pre-planned activities on a study trip or other excursions organised by the association are fully subject to the no show policy.
2. In the event of cancellation on time, there will be no consequences for the participant. An unsubscription that is made at least 48 hours before the start of the activity shall be timely. The timely cancellation shall be made verbally or by telephone to the board of the association and shall not entail any further consequences. An unsubscription that is made within 48 hours before the start of the activity must be made by telephone and may, without giving a valid reason, have consequences for the participant.
3. If a participant fails to unsubscribe in time in the manner described in the previous paragraph and abstains from taking part in the activity, the Board of the Association may recover the costs incurred from the participant and/or decide to impose a sanction. In doing so, the Board shall make a distinction between an activity with a participant’s contribution and an activity without a participant’s contribution.
a. In the case of an activity with a participation fee, in the case of a no show, the original participation fee and the costs incurred by QBDBD for the participant shall be deducted from the fee recounted.
b. In the case of an activity without a participant’s contribution, the board may, in the case of a no show, recover the costs incurred by QBDBD for the participant and impose a sanction on the participant, consisting of a monetary compensation in the amount of €10.
4. If a participant, whether or not a member, repeatedly refrains from participating in an activity for which (s)he has registered or has applied, without timely cancellation, the Board may deny the participant access to other activities organised by the association.
5. If a participant, whether or not a member, cannot agree with a sanction imposed on him or her or with the costs recovered from him or her by the association, he or she may object to this decision with the board of the association. Both the participant and the Board shall be authorised to submit the objection, whether or not in second instance, or to transfer the handling of the objection to the Advisory Board of the Association.