No Show Policy
The No Show Policy at events of the Juridische Faculteitsvereniging at VU University Amsterdam, QBDBD.
Artikel 5.8 No Show Policy
- If, after registration or registration for an activity, a participant abstains from participation and does not report this absence to the board of the association in timely fashion, this shall be considered a “no show”. In the case of activities such as organised drinks, parties and other activities as designated by the board, there shall be no case of a “no show” in the event of the unannounced absence of a participant. The legal, cultural and other pre-planned activities on a study trip or other excursions organised by the association are fully subject to the no show policy.
- In the event of cancellation on time, there will be no consequences for the participant. A cancellation of attendance that is made at least 48 hours before the start of the activity shall be timely. A timely cancellation shall be made verbally or by telephone to the board of the association and shall not demand for any further consequences. A cancellation of attendance that is made within 48 hours before the beginning of the activity, and without giving a valid reason, must be made by telephone and may result in consequences for the participant.
- If a participant fails to cancel their attendance in the previously described timely manner and abstains from taking part in the activity, the board of the association may recover the costs incurred from the participant and/or decide to impose a sanction upon that participant. In doing so, the board shall make a distinction between an activity that requires a participant’s contribution and an activity that does not. a. In the case of an activity that requires a participation fee, in the case of a no show, the original participation fee and the costs incurred by QBDBD for the participant shall be deducted from the fee recounted. b. In the case of an activity that doesn’t require a participant’s contribution, the board may, in the case of a no show, recover the costs incurred by QBDBD for the participant and impose a sanction on the participant, consisting of a monetary compensation in the amount of €10.
- In the case in which a participant, whether or not a member, repeatedly refrains from participating in an activity for which they has registered or applied, without timely cancellation, the board may deny this participant access to other activities organised by the association.
- If a participant, whether or not a member, cannot agree with a sanction imposed on them, or with the costs recovered from them by the association, they may object to this decision to the board of the association. Both the participant and the board shall be authorised to submit the objection, whether or not in second instance, or to transfer the handling of the objection to the advisory Board of the association.